|Senior Mechanical Estimator|
|Company : Name||Gilbane Building Company|
The Senior Mechanical Estimator will support and work with preconstruction/BD staff in the review of mechanical project plans, requirements and specifications and will organize and supervise a team of estimators to perform pricing, and bidding of projects.
• Review and understand all mechanical, plumbing and fire protection project plans, requirements and specifications
• Coordinate and supervise a team of estimators to develop large, multi-disciplinary estimates.
• Determine labor and equipment costs
• Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks
• Understand project logistics and project schedule
• Prepare bid packages and compare and analyze competitive subcontract and supplier bids
• Review quotes and estimates with Project Team and prepare recommendations
• Interface with clients, ensuring customer satisfaction
• Accurately develop cost models
• Track and report on current material and labor prices, including escalation
• Develop meaningful VE contributions to reduce price
• Reconcile quantity surveys with consultants and design team
• Identify escalation factors in marketplace for specific materials and labor rates
• Responsible for sound conceptual pricing assumptions with sound documentation for the basis of the estimate
• Ability to substantiate all aspects of final estimates
• Bachelor in Engineering
• 5-10 years of mechanical estimating or relevant experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Able to estimate all types of building projects, including residential high rise, life sciences, healthcare, interiors and institutional
• Experience with process mechanical estimating (food and/or industrial) is preferred
• Knowledge of suitable mechanical, plumbing and fire protection contractors and suppliers for all types of projects in the New Jersey market
• Familiar with both union and merit shop mechanical, plumbing and fire protection contractors preferred
• Knowledge of typical mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection pricing for project types above; for both union and merit shop projects preferred
• Able to take concept and schematic drawings and develop a meaningful estimate with detail
• Demonstrated experience working on lump sum bid pursuits and preparation of guaranteed maximum price (GMP) proposals
• Familiarity with electrical drawings and estimating is preffered but not required
• Familiar with the use of On-Screen Take-off software program preferred
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.